Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ghetto-Style Living


So I was talking to my mom the other day and we got to comparing the way some people live and as I looked around my "student housing" apartment I thought, "christmas lights wrapped around the pipes hanging out of the ceiling is pretty ghetto!" Then I turned around and realized that Ben had put the flowers he bought me for our anniversary (7 years!) in the blender because we don't have a vase. Also, notice the "chastity furniture" we have. Didn't think I'd use that term again since leaving BYU 5 years ago! Someday, when we are making money again...I will afford style and taste! In the mean time...here's to ghetto-style living!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "chastity" furniture. I had never heard that term before. That is so funny! And I am cracking up about the ghetto living in general- I can definitely empathize! I just dream about that "someday in the future!" :)

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Are the boys watching a movie? They look cute sharing that chair!

Sarah said...

I love your ghetto lifestyle! Seriously, it sounds simple and so nice - but I so know about wanting that wonderful life someday! We're still dreaming of it over here, too! And I love your Christmas lights on the pipes! :) You guys are going to have the best memories of business school!!

Wendy said...

That is too funny! Way to go for putting lights up at all. Some day far, far, far down the road you will think back to your ghetto years and laugh...hopefully.