Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bring on the Pink!! maybe...

For those unaware, we will be having another baby in December.  I had the ultrasound this last Thursday and the doctor really wasn't confident in his gender guess.  He says, "I'd guess a girl, but I'd stick with yellow."  How's that!?

Our baby did not cooperate with the probing and the best shot he got was looking up - like sitting under and looking up at the bum and legs...it was pretty vague.  He says, "I don't see anything that looks like a boy, but there could easily be something stuck up in there."  Nice, heh?

We're headed to Utah next week and they tell me that you can have an ultrasound to determine gender at any mall, at any time.  I might have to find one of those places just to confirm the guess.  Best news is that all those little developing body parts appeared perfect.  Phew!

14 comments:

stephanie said...

congratulations nicole!

Chrissy said...

I had no idea! Congratulations, Niki and fam!

Alissa said...

congrats! (fingers crossed for pink!)

Brittany said...

Yeah congrats again, I hope you do get a little girl, but another boy would probably be easier :)

Sharon said...

Congrats! That's very exciting! Let us know what the Utah mall ultrasound results are?:)

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! How exciting! I know that there are a few people pulling for pink, but hey, another boy isn't so bad either! :)
Loralye is the ONLY great grand daughter on the Dutson side, so she could use some company! :)

Anna M said...

Great news!

robin said...

oh my! wouldn't that be fun . . . a little girl!

did you know i'm pregnant too? oh boy. there's quite a few of us that are . . .

Sarah said...

So fun!!! I totally think it's a little girl :) And I would absolutely be heading to the mall in Utah too! I can't wait to hear what they had to say. Have so much fun in Utah, I wish we were there to hang out with you again!!!

Alexandria said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Your ultrasound tech sounded like ours except she left it up to Jared to decide and then didn't tell us for sure if he was right! He was though, so it worked out. I'm super happy for you guys and I hope you are feeling well. Take care of yourself!

Heather Ashby said...

Oh Niki I bet it is a girl. I have heard mixed reviews on the "mall" ultra sounds. I hope they work and I hope you get what you want! You'll have to come to AZ for a visit when Kami moves here :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... so exciting!! I hope it's a girl for you. :) We're sad we missed you while we were in Utah. I'm sure we'll cross paths again sometime, we'd love to see you guys again!

*** said...

CONGRATS! How exciting to have #3 on the way. I hope the mall helps you out with the gender thing :). We tried that with Jett and they told us he was a girl. Nice one. GOod thing the doc confirmed the other way. Hope you have better luck :) and hope you are feeling well!

gabeandstef said...

Congrat you guys that is awesome