Monday, December 22, 2008

And Finally...The Macy's Day Parade

We spent this passed Thanksgiving in NYC. Because of the crappy economy we were able to score a great priced hotel on Priceline right in the city. Ben's brother, Nate, works and lives right in Manhattan. His office is right in Times Square and we were able to watch the parade from inside with bathrooms in close proximity, a catered breakfast, and heat. It was the best way to watch the parade!

Here are some of the views.


For Thanksgiving dinner we went to Virgil's BBQ in Times Square (pause for giggles) with Ben's brother, Nate and the Waltman's. Amy and Nate ordered the 'Thanksgiving meal' which they say was great. The rest of us got something BBQ. Mine was fantastic!


The day after Thanksgiving we went to a matinee performance of Mary Poppins. We all loved it and Luke didn't look away once. Caleb slept through the first half and yes, we had to buy him a ticket. He took a very expensive nap! At the end of the show Mary Poppins flies over the audience and I said to Luke, "Wow, Luke! She's flying!" He said to me with a tone that was completely exasperated, "She's just on ropes, Mom." He was not impressed!

Sorry again with the month long delay. And finally, Yes, I did cut my hair off. Pictures will follow shortly. It is the shortest my hair has ever been and I'm liking it. I have had no regretful days. Phew!

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your view of the parade was incredible! And you must get those short hair pics up pronto! My cut is already growing out and losing it's flair :(

Anna M said...

What a great trip!

Trina said...

That an incredible view of the parade from you hotel room. What a fun trip!

Sarah said...

What a great Thanksgiving! You guys are always doing the funnest things, I love it :) I am also really excited to see this short hair of yours! I bet it's way cute. We're here in Utah until Jan 3rd, are you guys able to get together? We would love to!!

Cathy said...

Can't wait to see the hair! I've always wanted to go to the Thanksgiving Day parade. Sounds like you had a great day! I love all of your adventures.

Jude and Rachel said...

I loved looking at your blog! It's good to see you guys and know that you are doing well back there in Ithica. we miss you here in Philly.

k said...

This sounds so fun! I'm jealous. Merry belated Christmas :)