Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Maui

Our parents are awesome!!  Last week I actually had to paint my toes because they were going to be exposed for the first time since September.  All the grown-up Rollins went to Maui for a week and it was fabulous!  Thank you Mom and Dad Dutson for staying with our kids and thank you Mom and Dad Rollins for taking us on such a memorable trip!

Took a drive to Hana.  Above is Hamoa beach just passed Hana.

Swam in the 1 of the 7 sacred pools on the road to Hana.

Did some early morning kayaking in the ocean with the whales.  One swam right under us and then came up to breath a few feet away.  Yes, totally awesome!

Luau at the Grand Wailea.

Biking down the volcanco.

Above the clouds on the way down the volcano.

Snorkeling.



The last beautiful morning before taking the last waterfall hike.

Posted by Picasa

Not the typical relaxing, sun-bathing Hawaii trip.  In fact I think I was more tired and exhausted when I got home than before we left, but also one of the most fun and exciting trips we've taken in a long time.  It was really nice to just be outside for so much of the day and without our kids fighting, yelling or needing something!  Not once for a whole week did I say, "stop touching your sister," "finish your dinner," "don't spit on your brother," or "turn off that DS off before I throw it out the window."  It was wonderful and I want to go back soon!

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Great trip! What a wonderful vacation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.