Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's happened

Last week a moment I've been dreading happened when we walked past a gaming store and Luke turned total zombie. He stopped at the entrance, turned to see the massive wall of games and promptly began drooling. We called his name numerous times, clapped our hands as if trying to get the attention of a wayward puppy and still no response, only continued drooling.

My mom bought Ben a DS for Christmas this last year and it quickly turned into Luke's. We've found that he could spend many brain numbing hours with his Lighten' McQueen racing game. If only it could teach him to read...

Now begins my years of birthday and Christmas shopping at these deplorable, stinky, boy-smelling game stores. At least the machine carries huge leverage in encouraging positive behavior. He does anything for more playing time.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

we have a shared DS for the whole family. the kids have to EARN minutes. by helping clean up, by being kind, etc. they can also lose minutes by getting into things, being disobedient. works great.

we also only buy Big Brain Academy, Brain Quest and Brain Age... (all thinking games) for the kids to play.

Anna M said...

Sorry for the car craziness. Use the DS leverage for all its worth!

Sarah said...

Hahaha, it is great leverage though for sure! Anna loves computer games and Wii games too, but their taste in games is probably a little different. I doubt Luke would like playing Princess games! :)

Melanie said...

That day is getting closer for us. tyler already asks once a week if we can get a wii. Its only a matter of time....

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that day will come for us- especially having two boys! I also dread that day! And I loved your post about the roads in Mexico. It made me laugh and remember driving around in Chile when my parent's came to pick me up. And what's the deal with the policia expecting bribes to get out of a ticket!!?? It's pretty funny that Ben will just speak in broken Spanish to get out of it- I would do the same thing. Ummm... No hablar espanish! ha ha! :)